The "X" vertical windlasses are suitable for sail and motor boats from 6m to 27m in length. They have different motorization attributes according to each model.
For the X2 windlass and X3 windlass there is a Plus version of stainless steel AISI 316L mirror polishing which offers a stronger protection against corrosion.
The standard features that you can meet in every X series windlass are:
- Watertight stainless steel ball bearing in the base (for better functionality and zero maintenance) which is a unique feature in the windlass market.
- The clutch is made by two conical discs connected to the main shaft by two parallel planes on the shaft, in order to avoid using keys and allocate the weight load properly.
- The electric motor and gearbox are connected by a particular coupling that is made by a socket for easier maintenance.
- There is a sensor in the base and a magnet into the gipsy so they can be connected to a chain counter.
- Manual override so that the chain or rope can be recovered manually in case of electric function failure.
"Quality, Safety Reliability"
Lofrans' founded in Monza/Italy in1966 and since then has been dedicated to designing and manufacturing windlasses and anchor management solutions, that combine top performance, absolute safety and style. For many decades Lofrans' enriches the market with innovative solutions, such as the Automatic Free Fall and the Control Box, and offers an impressive line-up of high quality products for boats and yachts from 6m. to 50m (20ft - 160 ft).
The production is carried out in our 5000 sqm factory in Monza, where our team of designers, technicians and qualified employees are located together with our finished stock and spare parts warehouse.
During the production process in our factory, we carry out several dimensional tests on components and final products by use of our 3D co-ordinate measuring machine, as well as marine corrosion tests in a special marine environment chamber, which simulates the harshest of marine environments.
Our products meet the requirements of the most important classification societies such as RINA, BV, DNV and several others.
For further information please visit Marina Stores